Operation:Solid Lives is one of the primary tools for discipleship at Gateway. You will not regret setting aside time in your life to seek God through His word and see Him transform your life. Anyone with a willing heart and a good attitude can participate and graduate from OSL. In Level 2 your faith will be sparked with teaching on being filled with the Spirit and the covenant God has made with you.
This Sunday we begin a new Level 1 Class of Operation: Solid Lives. I wanted to take a moment to give you my top 3 reasons you should join us:
- It’s a Specific Step
Sometimes we make vague goals to lose weight, grow closer to Jesus or become a better spouse. These goals, though well intentioned, often fail because we don’t match them with specific steps that we can take. Growing closer to Jesus is a great goal but how will you know you have done that? Reading the Bible everyday is a specific goal that will draw you closer to Jesus and it is a key component of OSL. Start 2019 strong by taking steps today to build your walk with Christ.
- Build New Habits
We often hear that it takes 30 days to for a habit. Whether that number is higher or lower is not super important, the key concept is that it takes repetition over a period of time to establish new patterns. OSL is built around a number of key disciplines that we encourage each other in through weekly accountability and encouragement. Through the 4 weeks of the course you set the stage for life transformation by building new life giving habits.
- God’s Word Transforms
What gets me excited about OSL is the way that God works time and time again through His word to bring change and freedom. Each week of the course you will engage in sermons & reading, prayer & journaling that will allow you to hear God and He will be faithful to speak and change you by His word. Are you in need of a fresh start? Do you need freedom? Are you allowing God’s word to do its work in you?
If you are ready to make the decision to be a disciple than sign up right now and join us this Sunday at 3pm here at Gateway. There is no cost to participate and anyone with commitment and a willing attitude can successfully complete OSL. Click this link and register.
Our discipleship class, called Operation:Solid Lives, is back this fall. This system of discipleship has been developed to give you the tools you need to take your walk with Jesus to a whole new level. We have seen incredible growth and change in the lives of over 60 graduates from Level 1. Join us this Sunday and see what God will do in your life. There is no cost to participate and virtually anyone with a good attitude and a willing heart can graduate.
Level 1 and 2 both begin this Sunday at 3pm. Click the link to register today.
Maybe you have considered serving at Gateway but don’t know where to start or what needs to be done. Why serve? We are better together and will be more effective as a church as many people use the gifts God has given them. Here are a few opportunities you may want to consider:
- Greeting: Welcoming our guests and family with a smile.
- Coffee Team: Preparing and serving warms cups of love… I mean coffee and tea.
- Ushers: Help people find seats and direct them to where the need to go.
- Computer Operator: Run a simple program so people can sing along.
- Kids Ministry: Help in our Nursery, PreSchool and Elementary classes. It’s fun!
- Service Production: Assist in preparing the building for services.
- Facilities: Assist in clean up and set up. A dirty church wouldn’t be very inviting.
- Landscaping: Maintaining and improving our curb appeal.
- OSL Administration: Set up and tear down to make our sessions a success.
- Seasons Freestore: Provide good quality used clothes to those who need it.
- Shopper: When we need to buy things use your bargain hunting skills for Jesus!
- Administration: Assist our office administrator in special projects. If you like paper you’ll love this.
- Renovations: Improving our building for better ministry.
- Special Events: Fall Carnival, Church meals, Christmas etc. Where’s the party people?
People You Should Meet
Facilities: Deanna DelBlanc
Hospitality: Tanya Hofer
Kids Ministry: Galicia Coulter
Landscaping: Larry Leavens
Office: Kelly Purden
Renovations: Dave Dobson
Seasons Freestore: Lil Perkins
Everything Else: Pastor Matt